Through this project KIND:
- Counsels deported parents harmed by family separation in 2017 and 2018 to determine preferences regarding reunification with their children, and assists in family reunification efforts where the parent has been deported and the child remains in the United States.
- Facilitates and provides logistical support for reunification of returning separated children with their parents in Central America.
- Provides ongoing psychosocial support to reunified separated families in Central America to heal familial bonds.
- Works to identify and assist newly separated families where the parent may still be in the United States or has recently been deported.
- Screens deported parents and deported separated families for protection needs and identifies potential regional solutions.
- Provides legal representation in Humanitarian Parole applications to help families reunify in the United States under the Biden Administration’s Family Reunification Task Force.