Immigrant Family Preparedness Guide for Georgia Families

Published   on October 5, 2017

If you are away from your children, it is a good idea to have a plan to make sure they are taken care of. If you want someone you trust to take care of your children, that person will need permission from you to take care of them and make decisions while you are gone.

This guide has a lot of information to help you with this. There are also different forms you can use. You can choose which form will work for you at what time.

If you want the person you trust to have legal custody of your children, you must go to court. To do that, you have to talk to a family lawyer.

These papers are ways to help in case you are away for a while. They are not advice from a lawyer about what to do.

View and download the full resource guide here

Guía de preparación para familias inmigrantes en el estado de Georgia

Back to resources